* Friday the 13th comes for Donald Trump, as the Trump Organization entities pegged with tax fraud are sentenced today. [Reuters]
* This is the economic cycle where clients will drive work toward the Am Law second hundred in earnest. We say that every economic downturn and it never really ends up happening and this recession isn’t actually materializing, but… it’s gonna happen! Kidding aside, it might, but probably because companies are slashing legal department budgets regardless of the economic climate. [Law.com]
* Maybe not all legal departments… Apple’s top lawyer got a pay bump. [Bloomberg]
* Laurence Tribe joins Kaplan Hecker & Fink. Didn’t see that one coming, but if he joined any firm, this is the one that makes sense. [American Lawyer]
* Sam Bankman-Fried’s pre-trial blogging continues bashing Sullivan & Cromwell’s bankruptcy efforts and offering insights into his defense strategy. [Law360]
* Also, happy birthday week to Judge Richard Posner, who just turned 84!
The post Morning Docket: 01.13.23 appeared first on Above the Law.