A technology business called LEAP Legal Software creates practice management tools for the legal industry, including tools for legal publishing, document assembling, and accounting. Australian, Canadian, American, British, Irish, and New Zealand clients of LEAP Legal Software have access to a cloud-based legal practice management system. LEAP was created by LEAP Dev and has more than 61 000 users worldwide.
Privately owned, the business has offices throughout Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide. In 2014 and 2015, LEAP widened its market reach to include the US and UK. The current locations of LEAP’s offices include Toronto, New Jersey, Twickenham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Brighton, Dublin, and Kraków.
The main offering from LEAP Legal Software is LEAP, a productivity tool for law firms. Legal practice management, document assembly and management, automated matter types and forms, a database of clients and contacts, file sharing, time tracking, invoicing and trust accounting tools, and legal publishing assets are some of LEAP’s main features.
All LEAP data is kept in AWS (Amazon Web Services) in locations with special storage throughout the globe. In the middle of 2013, LEAP Legal Software unveiled mobile app integration. The LEAP App for iPad was developed by LEAP in November 2021.
Inclusion of Microsoft
In 2002, LEAP was incorporated into Microsoft Office. The new Microsoft Office 365 software and LEAP were successfully integrated in January 2016, enabling the creation of complicated documents in the cloud as opposed to on a desktop.
- Winner of the “Best Software as a Service – USA (SMB)” award from The Cloud Awards’ 2021–2022 International Cloud Computing Awards Program.
- “Overall Case Management Platform of the Year” award winner Awards for LegalTech Breakthroughs 2021
- Australian Digital Technology Awards 2021: Established Business of the Year Award winner and top-ranked in the law category
- Top Ten Most Innovative Technology Companies, According to Australian Financial Review, 2020
- Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 for Australia in 2004, 2008, and 2009.
LEAP Legal Software has acquired the following businesses and trademarks:
- 2007 Law Perfect
- BING in 2008
- 2008 saw LegalPax
- 2012 LawWare
- 2013’s Peapod Legal Software
- 2014 saw Edgebyte
- In 2015, Perfect Software (Perfect Books)
- In 2020, Turbolaw, and 2021, DivorceMate
If you are interested in more articles like this, here’s one about why legal systems are important.